Literature list from my book
The English references. I would like to translate my book from dinish to english one day:-)
I, of course, have integrated all this knowledge in my coaching
Nerdy reading about the biology of anxiety:
Tony Robbins has a lot of videos on YouTube. He helps with personal development in major shows-like seminars.
Get the Edge, Day 8: Daily Magic files for download, https://soundcloud.com/tonyrobbins-hour-of-power. Helpful if you suffer from a bad mood or poor self-esteem.
- ”Reclaiming Your True Identity” [HD Full], About a woman who was beaten by her father. https://youtu.be/LoKJvINANLg
- I’m not a guru: A movie that can be seen on Netflix about Tony and a big seminar. His thoughts and big chunks of what happened at this seminar.
- “How to Overcome Depression and Change Your Life | Pt. 1” https://youtu.be/Jn1tNXdPZWg
- “CURES A Woman’s Life Long Depression” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMltwYTEUs
A provocative film about a young woman with depression. Tony manages in 15 minutes to make her switch between depression, anger, and ecstasy several times, to show her that she is the one who determines her mood.
Derren Brown has countless YouTube clips within show hypnosis, mind reading, memory challenges and seduction of the spectator. In addition, he has a credible ability to reveal what he is doing so that we are constantly getting to know how advertising and scammers can manipulate us. He's my favorite entertainment on a rainy day.
- Fear And Faith – Pt-1 Full https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDlfhHVvTY
This is a must see: Here's how the Placebo effect is used to reduce fear in 4 people who get pills in the belief that it is medicine and not sugar tablets. In addition, he has a lot of clips over what man can. And how we can easily be affected. Very entertaining and provocative.
- Robert Gene: “Faster EFT & Eutaptics: How to tap with Faster EFT style so you can get faster and greater changes in life”.
- EFT Tapping for ADD or ADHD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNX9ditN8CQ nice little tapping round in minutes.
- Parkinson's Session Long Version, Billy Tee: A clip with a woman who briefly quenches her shakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW9KC7h2BsY The hypnotist introduces calm in the patient, that is, a state where the stress responses fight, flight and freeze are not activated - and in the time it lasts, the person does not have Parkinson's symptoms.
- Here are a few examples that people think they hypnotize their pets. They don't. They just bring their animals to this freeze survival state. Or you might turn it around and say that hypnosis is utilizing this innate survival mechanism. In all cases, an unexpected movement is made which brings the animal into a defective position where they cannot escape
“How to hypnotize a rabbit – funny and cute – rabbit plays dead”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgok6wSfA2s
“Chicken hypnotism”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfb7xToLUQ
Voices in my head:
- Eleanor Longden: The voices in my head (TEDtalk)
- SmekensEducation: Reading Voices v. Thinking Voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuhBIX7hjlU
- The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2014/aug/21/science-little-voice-head-hearing-voices-inner-speech. An article that says that speaking loudly activates the same centers in the brain as when talking to oneself (inner speech, talking to ourselves: the science of the little voice in your head).
- Scott Carney: “What doesn’t kill us”. http://www.scottcarney.com/book/what-doesnt-kill-us/
Here he goes through that it is important that we challenge our body on the temperature side. Taking cold showers, winter baths lowers the temperature of our home. This alone for us to start using our body and all the mechanisms we have to survive with. It kicks our body and balances the immune system. He believes that comfort is the factor that makes us most sick. So wait to turn on the heat in your house, then you will acclimatize to a new lower temperature and contemporary healthier. Take cold showers. Start with 15 seconds per pray the first week and then set it up by 15 seconds a week until you reach 1 minute.
- Wim Hof: “The Iceman Demonstrates His Breathing Technique with Lewis Howes”. https://youtu.be/RW1C_3OXhEs If you want to try winter bathing.
- “On Mastering Your Breath, Body, and Mind with Lewis Howes” (interview). https://youtu.be/c7MseR-eDkg
- 20-minute exercise on how to master his breathing. It is easy to follow. Follow your insights. At the end of the clip, they talk about DMT. It is the substance we naturally form in the brain at birth and death. It starts the formation of nerve compounds in the brain.
Neurofeedback-træning (EEG-training): You get feedback electrodes on the head that are connected to a computer while watching movies. The brain is cleverly rewarded when in a stressed state. You can achieve exactly the same with meditation, but everyone will find it easier to see old films with electrodes on their heads. For obvious reasons, it is especially used for children with myths and various new diagnoses such as ADHD, Autism, and Aspergers.
NLP: Neuro-linguistic programming. Very briefly, it is a great easily accessible coaching toolbox. With a lot of big and small tools to get better and understand other people. See for example here https://www.youtube.com/user/NLPTimes/videos
Mark Epstein: How to break without falling apart - a Buddhist view of wholeness. This is about the very best way to remove trauma. Namely, being in the feeling until it disappears. However, this method is painfully slow.
TEDtalk: https://www.ted.com A huge collection of lectures of 15-20 minutes of wonderful knowledge. Seek your diagnosis/symptom in the search box and perhaps a fantasy room discourse will appear.
- Traume release: If you go into shock because of a violent experience, you get out of the shock by the body's psoas muscle [iv] (the tenderloin) in the lower back begins to shake. You say you shake off the experience. It is quite natural, but man, as a species has to some extent, lost his ability. Animals that experience trauma is usually better able to recover from them. Captive animals that cannot use this natural mechanism can also get trauma like us. Some people get tremors after anesthesia. This is due to natural trauma healing.
- Traume tremor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJDkzDMllc 30 minutes into the video, a polar bear is seen to be stunned. Here you can see how animals react to trauma. It shakes the trauma away, as all animals are designed for.
- Trauma tremor: https://youtu.be/Nubc09jTW-M?t=25212 minutes into the video we see a lion with an apparently very dead antelope. The lion is being chased away. The antelope shakes back to life and runs away.
- Peter A. Levine, “In an Unspoken Voice – How the body releases trauma and restore goodness”. This book opened my eyes to traumatizing in the body. The book is very heavy to read but explains how the body and brain are nerve-bound and what happens during trauma. It gives an idea of how to get rid of trauma, based on fight, flight, freeze. It is also available in Danish, which hopefully makes it easier to read.
- Here is a YouTube video where Peter Levine tells about his theory and shows a bit of therapy with a war veteran: Peter Levine’s Secret to Releasing Trauma from the Body: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1RnTipiU_Q
- Jessica Schaffer: TRE®: Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises, an Introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67R974D8swM a short video about how to heal trauma naturally like the animals.
- Gut Wisdom – Partners In Wellness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELzZphP42IQ A Parkinson's patient shows what happens when using TRE.
- TRECoachOnline “Introduction to TRE® The explanation.
- TREtraumarelease exercise. http://www.innersty.com/psoas-release.html
- mattschwent: psoas trauma release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3x_ITdzKbI a link where you can perform the TRE exercises yourself while watching the video. Make sure you have a soft mattress and a soft pillow for the last exercise. It's super good gymnastics, so if it doesn't just work the first time, you haven't wasted time.
- Rangan Chatterjee:” How to make diseases disappear”. TEDxLiverpool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaY4m00wXpw&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs He describes that diseases do not arise from one day to the next. So instead of treating the symptoms as you do now, you can treat the causes. He mentions diet, stress, sleep, physical activity, intestinal health, infections, environmental toxins. So, for example, if you have emotional problems, so you eat too much (easily digestible carbohydrates), you will have a high risk of getting diabetes. You can turn it around and ask yourself what diseases you get if you continue like this now. That is, in his world view, the healthy ones must be treated before they get sick. Thereby, it does not become a symptomatic treatment, but lifestyle changes.
Placebo Our natural ability to cure sore colds and much more
- Lissa Rankin:” Is there scientific proof we can heal ourselves?” TEDx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQfe__fNbs She explains how the placebo effect is an annoying truth in research. It is a problem in research with new drugs.
- TopTenzNet: Top 10 Interesting Facts About the Placebo Effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP6eUrd148I 10 interesting things about the placebo effect. The most interesting thing is that if you divide a group of patients to have an operation into two groups and both give an operation. One operation that repaired their problem. The others an operation that did not change the problem - a placebo operation. Both groups became healthy.
- Yodod: Placebo Effect – Surgery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4pRPYJWOo Here, a doctor tells about his involvement in a placebo trial
- The Royal Institution: Why does the placebo effect work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm02Oid8sbs A brief comment on the placebo effect. We have pain /fever/nausea to teach us that we are doing something wrong. We need to get away and call for help. When we are back in a safe environment, we can start healing and releasing calming hormones. Ie that when we are again near a safe figure (mother, doctor or pills) we believe helps us, we begin to heal.
It is my intention with the references to open up a world that is bigger than you just thought existed and give you hope that you too can find your very own path towards more harmony.
- Brain waves and EEG. ”Brain-to-brain entrainment: EEG interbrain synchronization while speaking and listening” http://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-04464-4#Fig1
- When a fetus can hear. We can get affected by our surroundings very early in life: https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/when-can-a-fetus-hear
- Traumas and babies https://drarielleschwartz.com/complex-ptsd-preverbal-memories-dr-arielle-schwartz/#.XCCkx1VKjIV
- Faster EFT: https://fastereft.com/blog/the-fastereft-technique-step-by-step/
- EFT sport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwihlkI2PHc
- EFT sport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PixUS9785Bw
- EFT shooting episode, USA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqQGsYFsX4
- EFT earthquake, Haiti. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVBEdf-BHw
- EFT infants after murdering in Rwanda. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLugqjn3o8&t=
- EFT in school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmrHfZ1AsM
- EFT in a school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s99M8eJV4sk
- Trauma tremor: https://youtu.be/Nubc09jTW-M?t=253 4.12 minutes in the film we see a lion with an apparently very dead antelope. The lion is being chased away. The antelope shakes back to life and runs away.
- Here two cool guys war veterans showing a technique TRE® in the last stage where the trauma is released by tremors. What the animals are much better at than us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2XFrinOlo or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbbaFTTvxU0.
- Here is a YouTube video where Peter Levine tells about his theory and shows TRE® therapy with a war veteran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1RnTipiU_Q
- Trauma shaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJDkzDMllc 11.30 minutes inside is a polar bear to be stunned, here you can see how animals react to trauma. It shakes the trauma away, https://youtu.be/nmJDkzDMllc?t=678
- If you google "trauma influence on the immune system" there are articles that show that trauma can affect the immune system, making it both less active and overactive. I didn't find any good overview articles. NB. Trauma is in many of these articles also from injuries and accidents, but they also provide traces in memory.
- Immune system: Journal of Leukocyte Biol. 2012 Sep, 92(3): 539–551. “Trauma equals danger—damage control by the immune system.” Veit M. Stoecklein, Akinori Osuka, and James A. Lederer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3427603/
- Article summarizing research on autoimmune diseases such as diabetes and sclerosis:https://chronicillnesstraumastudies.com/trauma-autoimmune-disease/
- Article on how human and animal breeds start learning before birth http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160704-baby-animals-start-learning-before-they-are-even-born
- A fine description of dissociation during trauma http://www.kompleksptsd.dk/dissociation/dissociation-er-den-sidste-overlevelsesstrategi/ and PTSD.
- Placebo: https://medshadow.org/medshadow-tv/episode-3-placebos-medicine/
- Study on the relationship between lung diseases and anger: https://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/hea-263333.pdf
- Derren Brown Fear and Faith Pt-1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDlfhHVvTY&t=6s
- “Placebo: Cracking the Code,” Nicholas Humphrey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvbQnMvhQFw They tell you that placebo starts to be recognized as the medicine of the future (there's a small hole in the movie, just wait)
- You get calm by singing: https://upliftconnect.com/neuroscience-of-singing
- Charlie Brown tells in this strip how to get depressed. Mood and posture are connected: https://egoscuenashville.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/are-you-depressed-then-take-a-hike/
- Link to article on childhood trauma and adult diseaseshttps://psych.ucsf.edu/news/undoing-harm-childhood-trauma-and-adversity
- Article on the effects of chronic stress: http://www.stresstalk.dk/fakta_om_stress.php?aid=173
- Depression and Parkinson's are treated with the same machines. Perhaps the closest we come to scientific evidence that the two states are more similar than science believes. http://www.evaluate.com/vantage/articles/analysis/transcranial-magnetic-stimulators-attract-attention
- Book: Af Robert Gorter, M.D., Ph.D., Erik Peper, Ph.D.: Fighting Cancer. Om freeze response.
- Is the frequent occurrence of cautious people in Parkinson's, in fact, a sign of life in the freeze/flight stress response? https://www.livescience.com/20008-parkinsons-disease-personality-risk-avoidance.html
- Parkinson and psychosis https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-you-need-to-know-about-psychosis-in-parkinsons-disease/
- A technical article about Parkinson's and stress. If necessary, read only from the headline: ”Can emotional stress cause symptoms that resemble transient PD?” http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/85/8/878
- ”Post Traumatic Stress Disease”, or in my translation: long-term stress after a traumatic event
- Krigsveterans. “EFT for War Veterans with PTSD by EFT Tapping Founder Gary Craig” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hhMm8qsCs. There are some clips on YouTube about War veterans and EFT, notice a lot of them have a tremor.
- Women who use EFT to get better with their sclerosis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6zomybVvKQ
- A lady with sclerosis who is in the process of rehabilitation with EFT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ulwfYySW0
- The technique I use is a bit like this trauma-phobia cure, which is part of the NLP curriculum: http://healmytrauma.info/da/the-legendary-fast-phobia-cure/
- A Danish Lady Anette Fredskov, who runs 366 marathon in one year to cure here sclerosis diagnosis: http://www.fredskovmarathon.dk/om-366-marathon-pa-1ar/
- ”Overcome Multiple Sclerosis.”4 small videos explaining how to get out of the sclerosis diagnosis: http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=79107b193f725db31175e551a&id=592d55731d&e=138e986c1a
- A man who tells how he has healed himself for Parkinson's through dance https://youtu.be/7cBYGh2E6t4
- Women who have improved their Parkinson's disease with Qi Gong, a Chinese technique containing elements of EFT, yoga and meditation https://youtu.be/0SCyxlgLqmE
- A researcher who can keep the "dragon sleeping", ie by hard physical exercise and meditation can avoid his Parkinson's symptoms. https://tmrwedition.com/2018/05/31/interview-with-clinical-research-scientist-prof-karen-raphael/
- ”Placebo Effect in Parkinson’s Disease: World Parkinson Coalition”: A small clip that tells you that you will begin to integrate placebo in the treatment of Parkinson's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtN4oTpcyCI
- ”Hypnosis for Parkinson’s: eTrue Media”: Small clip that tells how a woman has got help not to shake so much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgHnqMlZnTk
- Sandrine Thuret: Ted-talk that one can form new brain cells. There is a nice suggestion for diet: https://www.ted.com/talks/sandrine_thuret_you_can_grow_new_brain_cells_here_s_how#t-507141
- Article on Parkinson's and stress as the root cause: https://jnnp.bmj.com/content/85/8/878?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=J_Neurol_Neurosurg_Psychiatry_TrendMD_1
- Very long book on how to recover from Parkinson's. The book is for newly diagnosed people who have not started eating pills yet. http://pdrecovery.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Recovery-from-Parkinsons-FINAL.pdf
- Kim Bergensol Andersen. Guided body Meditation 10 min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqsW4keCTo
- Do not let genes and the belief about them affect you: Karen Gaffney a university graduate and channel swimmer with Down's syndrome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwxjoBQdn0s
- The most amazing daily routine for those who have a bad mood. Listen to it daily until you are up again: https://soundcloud.com/tonyrobbins-hour-of-power
- Heartbeat sound White Noise 10 hours relaxing sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxS21-cf80
- Alzheimer's society has a page with links to several articles on the connection between stress and dementia: https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/blog/there-link-between-stress-and-dementia-risk
- Some people combine emotions, thoughts, and senses differently from most, maybe we all have our own peculiarities here as well. https://www.medicaldaily.com/smelling-colors-our-brains-associate-odors-color-fruity-smells-are-pink-294002
- The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2014/aug/21/science-little-voice-head-hearing-voices-inner-speech.
- SmekensEducation: Reading Voices v. Thinking Voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuhBIX7hjlU
- NLP Times: Remove negative thoughts on NLP show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f81dxIXADfc
- Eleanor Longden: “The voices in my head” (TED talk). A brief lecture on her trouble hearing voices and her struggle to overcome them https://www.ted.com/talks/eleanor_longden_the_voices_in_my_head
- The impact of the sea on you. You are pushed into gear by the slow rhythm of the waves: https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-beach-does-your-brain-ncna787231.
- Robert Firestone: “The fantasy bond – Structure of Psychological defenses” https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-human-experience/200812/the-fantasy-bond-substitute-truly-loving-relationship
- Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski: “On Love”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcHtSjtNBY
- A brief explanation of why slow breathing works to get more peace https://youtu.be/yJhI0Du5jO4
- How soldiers avoid stress by breathing in a certain way. There is a nice little animation with a blue dot that helps you get the right speed for breathing: https://gearpatrol.com/2018/12/24/box-breathing-navy-seals/
- Book: Mark Epstein, "How to break without falling apart"
- Book: Eckhart Tolle, "Live in the power of the present".
- TedTalk: body language, Amy Cuddler: https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are/up-next?language=da
- Science News, “Our brains synchronize during a conversation” https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170720095035.htm
- Europe is holding campaigns for us to move more. Hiking is Denmark's answer: https://ec.europa.eu/sport/sites/sport/files/ewos-2017-copenhagen_en.mp4
- An article on how walking is beneficial. It comes from a good app that can teach you to meditate. https://www.headspace.com/blog/2016/08/05/the-unexpected-benefits-of-going-for-a-walk/
- Wim Hof Method – 20 days cold shower challenge http://explore.wimhofmethod.com/coldshowerchallenge/
- Bog Scott Carney:” What don´t kill you”.
- physical training: the 5 Tibetans https://youtu.be/zMZTNIpL2vY Then a very masculine version of the 5 Tibetans. https://youtu.be/zMZTNIpL2vY
- yoga exercises eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4Aq5XwLh0
- Dr. Kim D’Eramo tells her doctor colleagues about the benefits of EFT: https://youtu.be/ne0PqZH-9Wc
- Article about EFT working. "Clinical EFT as an Evidence-Based Practice for the Treatment of Psychological and Physiological Conditions": http://file.scirp.org/pdf/PSYCH_2013081215123494.pdf or https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27170647 or https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27889444 or this almost touching clip from a children's cancer department https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSW4_vVyJs
- The effect of emotional freedom techniques on stress biochemistry: a randomized controlled trial. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22986277
- Post on many different ways to reduce cortisol: https://bebrainfit.com/reduce-cortisol-stress-hormone/
- Faster EFT Robert G. Smith: https://fastereft.com/
- Robert G. Smith shows the Faster-EFT teknikken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTwiQY2hcM&t=1s
- Video with the trauma technique TRE® https://youtu.be/Y3x_ITdzKbI
- A great document about personality types and personal development: http://www.mirror-mind.dk/Spiral%20Dynamics.pdfor